WIN a family ticket to Drayton Manor Theme Park!
If you have a child between 5 and 11 years old, get them drawing and enter them into our competition to win a fantastic family prize!
We want to know what our younger residents would like to see in Norton Canes to keep them entertained.
It could be a cycle trail, a fun new playground, a sports facilities or something else!
Ask them to draw a picture of whatever it is they would love to see in the village!
We want to know what our younger residents would like to see in Norton Canes to keep them entertained! As part of Norton Canes Parish Council’s Neighbourhood Plan, we want our community – of all ages – to get involved and help us shape the future of our village. Entering our competition with your child will help us understand how we can better serve our young people.
How to enter
Entries must be submitted on an official entry form with details of the child’s name, age and address or school attended in Norton Canes. We require a parent or guardian’s name and telephone number for winner notification purposes. Entry forms can be submitted at Norton Canes Community Library, or handed in at your child’s school. Closing date for entries is Thursday, 30 April 2020. Judging will take place by Norton Canes Parish Councillors on Thursday, 7 May 2020 and winners will be notified by telephone within 7 days. The prize consists of an open-dated family ticket valid for 12 months (for 2 adults and 2 children aged 4-11) to Drayton Manor Theme Park. No alternative prize will be offered. See full terms and conditions at the bottom of the page.
How you can help
We would also appreciate it if you could answer a few questions as a parent raising a family in Norton Canes. The information you give will be treated anonymously and simply help us understand how the village could be improved for families. Entry to the competition is not dependent upon the completion of this questionnaire, but your help is very much appreciated.
Please support us as we work together to develop a plan we can be proud of, to provide a better village for us all.
Updates on the Neighbourhood Plan will appear in the quarterly village newsletters.
For more information, contact Glenis Turner, Neighbourhood Plan Administrator by email: email@example.com or speak to Linda Florence, Clerk, Norton Canes Parish Council on 01543 276812.
Read our latest Neighbourhood Plan news
Terms and Conditions:
- The competition is open to children aged 5-11 who are resident in, or attend a school in, Norton Canes parish.
- All personal details for the child and their parent/guardian are required for the purposes of administering the competition only. This information will not be passed to third parties and will be destroyed once winners are notified.
- Entries must be received by the Norton Canes Parish Council before the closing date of Thursday, 30 April (5pm). The parent/guardian of the winner will be notified within 7 days of the closing date by telephone.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- You warrant to us that you created your competition entries, that you own all of the copyright in those entries, and that our use of the entries in accordance with these rules will not infringe any person’s intellectual property rights or other legal rights.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the prize winner for 14 days but if the winner fails to respond to our notification attempts within this time or provide an address for delivery of the prize or fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements or is otherwise unable to comply with the competition terms and conditions, we reserve the right to disqualify that entrant and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found.
- Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Competition entries will not be returned. Please, therefore, keep a copy of your competition entries.
- You grant to us an exclusive, royalty-free licence to publish your competition entries on the Norton Canes Parish Council website and/or social media channels. Publication may include a child’s first name and age. Full names will not be used unless with the express permission of a parent/guardian.
- We may undertake publicity activities relating to this competition and prize award. The winner may, therefore, be asked for use of their name, photograph and disclosure of town or region of residence to be included in any post-prize-winning publicity.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of all of these terms and conditions.
- This prize competition is run by Norton Canes Parish Council as part of our research and consultation process in drafting a Norton Canes Neighbourhood Plan.
- Our registered office is Burntwood Road, Norton Canes, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 9RE
- You can contact us: by telephone, on 01543 276812; or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org