NORTON CANES PARISH COUNCIL.
Minutes of Annual General Meeting. Held on Tuesday 14th May 2019.
Commencing 7pm, at the Trinity Methodist Church, Poplar Street.
Present: Cllrs J.Preece (Chairman).
Also Present: Three members of the Public
PCSO L. Bainbridge.
- Smythe (Locum Clerk).
It was confirmed that all Councillors present had signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
62/2019. Chairman of the Council. To elect the Chairman of the Parish Council for the ensuing municipal year.
Cllrs J. Preece and J. Newbury were both proposed and seconded. On a vote, by six to two, Cllr J. Preece was elected as Chairman for the 2019/20 municipal year.
Cllr J. Preece signed the Chairman’s Declaration of Acceptance of Office and thanked the Councillors for their support.
RESOLVED: TO ELECT CLLR J. PREECE AS CHAIR.
63/2019 Apologies. To receive any apologies that may be forthcoming.
Written apologies had been received from Cllr M. Holder. Verbal apologies were submitted on behalf of Cllr J. Beddows. It was proposed, seconded and agreed to accept the apologies.
RESOLVED: TO ACCEPT THE APOLOGIES.
64/2019 Election of Vice Chairman
It was proposed, seconded and agreed to elect Cllr J. Beddows.
RESOLVED: TO ELECT CLLR J. BEDDOWS.
65/2019 Committees of Council. To elect the Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Members of the various Committees of the Council.
- a) Planning. Cllrs J. Bernard (Chairman), S. Harding, M. Holder, M. Stretton.
- b) Projects & Village Enhancement. Cllrs S. Harding, M. Holder, J. Newbury,
- Preece, Z. Stretton. Chairman to be determined in due course.
(Events Working Group, New Cemetery Working Group).
- c) Audit & Governance. Cllrs J. Bernard (Chairman), M. Holder, D. Todd.
- d) Highways. Cllrs M. Stretton, D. Todd.
- e) Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group. Cllrs J. Bernard, M. Holder, J. Preece.
- Appointment of representatives on Outside Bodies.
- a) Poplars Liaison Committee. Cllrs J. Beddows, J. Bernard, M. Stretton, D. Todd.
- b) Standards Committee. Nominate as required.
- c) Norton Canes Community Partnership. Check if still active.
- d) Norton Canes Community Centre. Cllr D. Todd.
- e) Cllrs J. Bernard, S. Harding.
- f) Singh’s Patient Liaison Committee. Cllr S. Harding.
- g) Norton Canes Academy School Governor . Cllr J. Bernard.
66/2019 Public Participation:
The meeting was adjourned at 7.15pm and resumed at 7.17pm. It was confirmed that no planning application for the development of the Durapipe site had been submitted and no further information was known.
67/2019 Declarations of Interest.
No declarations of interest were noted for any items for decision on this agenda.
68/2019 Minutes of Council and Matters Arising from the Meeting held on 17th April 2019. To approve the Minutes of the Council meeting.
It was proposed, seconded and agreed to approve the minutes.
RESOLVED: TO APPROVE THE MINUTES.
69/2019 Police Report. To receive and consider Police report.
- Read out a report. (Appendix A).
- Reported that residents in Norton Green Lane had been spoken to about parking and the area was now clear.
- Asked if any information or evidence about offences could be forwarded for action.
- Stated that the obstruction of the highway, both road and footpath on Brownhills Road near to the junction with Norton East Road was not a police matter.
70/2019 Reports from Councillors: To receive Councillors’ reports.
Cllr. S.Harding reported:
- A metal beacon and inscribed plaque that would be donated to the Library were shown to the Council.
- There were Dementia events planned for 25th May at the Library and The Lido.
- Anyone interested in joining a Friends of St Giles Hospice were invited to contact her.
Cllr J. Newbury reported:
- He had attended a meeting of Chasewater Friends and heard an interesting talk about the work of the Rangers and the plans the group had to promote the use of the area and to improve the facilities.
- He and Cllr J. Preece had pressed for some litter in the pool on the Brownhills Road to be removed.
71/2019 Reports from Committees.
To consider planning applications/decisions (summary attached)
19/149 PC Paramedics, Maple House, Norton Green Lane. Retention of illuminated sign. No objections.
(b) Projects. To receive an update re ongoing projects. No developments.
(c) Audit and Governance. To report on a meeting of the Committee held on 30th April.
It was reported that the HMRC reporting and payments systems were correct.
72/2019 New Cemetery. To receive an update. No developments.
73/2019 Neighbourhood Plan. To receive an update.
Cllr J. Bernard reported:
It was hoped to confirm the replacement Administrator on Monday 20th May. It was agreed to report any major developments to the Council as appropriate.
74/2019. Chairman’s Announcements & Correspondence. To receive incoming and outgoing post.
It was reported that Cllr M. Hoare had resigned and the Council would therefore declare the vacancy as required.
It was proposed, seconded and agreed to extend the period to the next meeting for the Declaration of Acceptance of Office for any Councillor who had not yet been able to have a witnessed signature.
- TO DECLARE A CASUAL VACANCY FOR COUNCILLOR.
- TO EXTEND THE PERIOD TO SIGN THE DECLARATION OF OFFICE TO THE NEXT MEETING.
75/2019 Authorisation of Accounts. To authorise accounts for May 2019.
It was proposed by Cllr Z. Stretton, seconded by Cllr J. Preece and agreed to authorise the accounts.
It was proposed by Cllr J. Bernard, seconded by Cllr M. Stretton and agreed to extend the working hours of the Clerk at the Office from 10pm to 2pm to 9.30am to 2.30pm for weekdays, with the 30 minutes at the start and end of the day to allow for work to be undertaken before and after public opening hours.
- TO AUTHORISE THE ACCOUNTS.
- TO INCREASE THE PAID HOURS OF THE CLERK.
76/2019 Date of Next Meeting. – 19th June 2019. 7 pm at Norton Canes Community Centre.
Cllrs M. Stretton and Z. Stretton submitted their apologies for that meeting.
RESOLVED: TO NEXT MEET ON 19TH JUNE 2019.
77/2019 Items for information for future agendas.
There were no items raised.
Cllr J. Preece closed the meeting at 7.50pm and thanked everyone for their attendance.
SIGNED: ……………………………………………….. DATED …………………………….