To: All Members of Norton Canes Parish Council
You are hereby summoned to attend the Parish Council on Wednesday 27th October 2021 commencing at 7 p.m. at Trinity Methodist Church, Poplar Street, Norton Canes which the business set out below will be transacted.
Norton Canes Parish Council
7p.m. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION – 30 MINS
To receive any apologies that may be forthcoming.
Declaration of interests
To receive any declarations of interest.
- Minutes of the Council Meeting and Matters Arising from the 15th September 2021
To approve the Minutes of the 15th September 2021 meeting and consider any matters arising.
- Police Report
To receive and consider Police report.
- Changes to Standing Orders
(a) To approve a variation to Standing Orders (attached report)
(b) To receive a Motion to vary the standing Orders of the Council (attached)
- Additional Admin Support
To consider a report for additional admin support for the Council (see attached report)
- Remembrance Sunday
To note the arrangements for Remembrance Sunday services.
- School Placements in village
To discuss the issue of school places in the village following correspondence from County Councillor Samantha Thompson.
- Maintenance of Pathway from Walsall Road to Bridges Crescent
To report on complaints received and responsibility for maintenance of path from Walsall Road leading to Bridges Crescent (see attached agenda report).
- Reports from Councillors
To receive Councillors reports
- Reports from Committees
To consider planning applications/decisions (summary attached)
To receive an update re ongoing projects
- Lantern Parade
- Bench Plaque for ex Councillor John Hampshire (see attached agenda report for suggested wording)
- To discuss the location and design for the display of the replica of the Miner’s Plaque (see attached
- To consider the location for the 2 flashing speed signs (see attached report)
- Festive Window Competition – to consider the arrangements
(c) Audit and Governance
To consider any financial matters
- Expenditure for Christmas lights (see attached report)
- Funds approved by Welcome Back Fund update
- New Cemetery
To receive an update on the new cemetery following a meeting with Solicitiors on 21st October re draft legal document re access pathway to new cemetery. (report to be emailed prior to Council meeting)
To consider any highways issues.
- Cema Upgrade
To receive an update.
16.. Neighbourhood Plan
To receive an update.
- Grove Colliery
To consider any matters arising.
- Chairman’s Announcements & Correspondence
To receive incoming and outgoing post.(attached)
- Authorisation of Accounts
To authorise accounts for October 2021 (attached schedule)
- Date of Next Meeting – Wednesday 17th November 2021 at 7 p.m at Norton Canes Community Centre,Brownhills Road, Norton Canes.
- Items for information for future agenda