To: All Members of Norton Canes Parish Council
You are hereby summoned to attend a virtual Meeting of the Parish Council on Wednesday 21st October 2020 commencing at 7 p.m. at which the business set out below will be transacted.
Note: This meeting is permissible under the Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 20230 (“the 2020 Regulations”) which came into force on 04 April 2020 in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. The 2020 Regulations enable local councils to hold remote meetings (including any by video and telephone conferencing) for a specified period until May 2021.
Members of the public may join the meeting and participate in the Public Participation by using Zoom.
Meeting ID: 412 594 4141
One tap mobile
+442039017895,,4125944141#,,,,,,0#,,0208238# United Kingdom
+441314601196,,4125944141#,,,,,,0#,,0208238# United Kingdom
Dial by your location
+44 203 901 7895 United Kingdom
+44 131 460 1196 United Kingdom
+44 203 051 2874 United Kingdom
+44 203 481 5237 United Kingdom
+44 203 481 5240 United Kingdom
Meeting ID: 412 594 4141
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kmICSGL6d
Linda Florence, Clerk, Norton Canes Parish Council
- pm. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION – 30 MINS
To receive any apologies that may be forthcoming.
- Declaration of interests
To receive any declarations of interest.
- Minutes of the Council Meeting and Matters Arising from the meeting held on the 16th September 2020
To approve the Minutes of the 16th September 2020 and consider any matters arising.
- Police Report
To receive and consider Police report.
- Adoption of Policies
To approve the adoption of the following policies:(policies previously circulated for September Council meeting. Addendum report attached to include amended sections)
- Financial Regulations (4.10)
- Standing Order (5(d)
- White Paper ‘Planning for the Future’
To consider a response to the consultation on the White Paper ‘Planning for the Future’ published by the Ministry of Housing and Local Government (copy report attached)
- Miner’s Plaque for National Arboretum
To consider the purchase of a plaque in recognition of the mining heritage of the village as part of the National Miners’ Memorial at the National Arboretum in Alrewas. (report attached)
- Community and Youth Endeavour Award
To consider the status of the Awards for 2020
- Cema Upgrade
To consider the content of the consultation suggested by CCDC re the upgrade of the play area and open space of the Cema.( see attached)
- Grove Colliery
To report on a site meeting with Little Wyrley Estates to look at potential development/regeneration ideas to be put forward to the District Council (see email from George Simpson at Fisher German)
- Reports from Councillors
To receive reports from Councillors.
- Reports from Committees
- Planning – To consider planning applications/decisions:
- (summary attached)
- Email response from District Council re planning decision CH/20/198 -Residential Gypsy/Traveller site on Stokes Lane.
- Projects and Village Enhancement
To receive an update on ongoing projects and consider the following item:
- Lantern Parade alternative (Cllr.Mrs.A.Bernard to report)
- Welcome signs for village (see attached report)
(c ) Audit and Governance
To receive any issues relating to finance.
- Financial position as at the end of 19/20 (see attached)
- Parish Council Reserves Account as of 16th September 2020 (attached)
- Expenditure for new information lectern re the Glacial Stone (Clerk to refer at the meeting).
- 13. Neighbourhood Plan
To receive an update.
- 14. Highways
To report on a meeting of the Highways Liaison group held on the 24th September (report attached)
- New Cemetery
To receive an update re progress of new cemetery (see attached report)
- Chairman’s Announcements & Correspondence
To note any correspondence and comments from Chairman.
- Authorisation of Accounts
To note the payments and authorise accounts for October (copy attached)
- 18. Next Meeting: Wednesday 18th November 2020. 7 p.m. via Zoom.
- Items for information for future agenda